|Wakko Goes Camping|
|Season 4, Episode 6b|
Wakko wants to go camping with Dr. Scratchansniff, within a few disastrous results.
- Wakko Warner (voiced by Jess Harnell)
- Dr. Otto Scratchansniff (voiced by Rob Paulsen)
- Yakko and Dot Warner (cameo in the ending, voiced by Rob Paulsen and Tress MacNeille, respectively)
To see a transcript of this segment, click here.
- Writers: Paul Rugg and Merriwether Williams
- Storyboard Artists: John Costanza and Travis Cowsill
- Director: Audu Paden
- "Good morning, Dr. Scratchansniff!" - Wakko Warner.
- "Good morning, Vakko" - Dr. Otto Scratchansniff.
- "What'cha doing that is so important?" - Wakko Warner.
- "I'm going on a survival training camp" - Dr. Otto Scratchansniff.
- "Oh, boy! Camping! That's right up my alley!" - Wakko Warner.
- "This isn't no ordinary camping trip, I go out into the wild armed only with my bare hands, my quick wits, this harpoon, and 65 pounds of dynamite [shows the dynamite]. Out in the wild, it's eat or be eaten. You have to be willing to do anything when you're alone in the wild" - Dr. Otto Scratchansniff.
- "That sounds great! May I go along with you, Scratchy?" - Wakko Warner.
- "And... No, you can't. It's much too dangerous! This is a serious trip for hard-core survivalists only!" - Dr. Otto Scratchansniff.
- "Oh, come on! Please! I want to learn what hard-core survivalists do out here in the wild!" - Wakko Warner.
- "(thought about it) Alright. But promise me to behave when you're with me on the survival training camp! Promise?" - Dr. Otto Scratchansniff.
- "I promise" - Wakko Warner.
- "Hey Scratchy, do you wanna play a game?" - Wakko Warner.
- "Nein, Vakko. That vould distract me" - Dr. Otto Scratchansniff.
- "(looks disappointed, then turns back to Dr. Otto Scratchansniff) It's gonna be a fun game!" - Wakko Warner.
- "(sighs) Alright. But, just one." - Dr. Otto Scratchansniff.
- "Whee! Let's go again! Let's go again!" - Wakko Warner.
- "(to the audience) Help me" - Dr. Otto Scratchansniff.
- "So guys, did you like your trip?" - Yakko Warner.
- "I'll never again go alone on a trip with this pest" - Dr. Otto Scratchansniff.
- "How'd you do, Wakko? (he hears Wakko sound asleep) Hmmm. He sure is a heavy sleeper" - Yakko Warner.
- "Maybe we should carry him back to the water tower" - Dot Warner.
- "What was he doing all this time?" - Yakko Warner.
- "I think he was just trying to be nice to him (Wakko winks, iris out and segment ends)" - Dot Warner.
- This episode shares similarities to the 1941 Max Fleischer Gabby short It's A Hap-Hap-Happy Day and the Ren and Stimpy episode The Great Outdoors.
- Yakko Warner and Dot Warner are absent for most of the segment, appearing only in the ending.
- Originally, they weren't going to appear. Eventually they were added in the ending, however.
- This is one of the segments to be animated at Tokyo Movie Shinsha (TMS Entertainment).